Mountaineering, Hiking & Climbing in East Tyrol - Lienz
Our hotel is ideally located to reach the most beautiful hiking and climbing areas in the region. Just outside the door you can start exploring many paths in our breathtaking nature. Therefore, the Laserz has a good reputation as a hiking hotel in East Tyrol - Lienz.
Untouched Nature & East Tyrolian Hospitality
In our hotel, the natural environment close to the city of Lienz, our sociability and the typical East Tyrolean hospitality let you feel the best moments of the Tyrolean summer. Lush green meadows, lush pastures, colorful flowers, clear mountain lakes and impressive waterfalls - our nature invites you to experience breathtaking moments in our mountains!
Hiking is always in Season
There are many hiking opportunities throughout the season:
Every season has its highlights:
- In May, hiking on the sun paths in Lienz
- In June, the bloom of the alpine roses in the higher regions of Lienz - Zettersfeld, Hochstein, Dolomites
- In summer, blooming herb meadows and the unique mountain lakes in the National Park "Hohe Tauern" and the Dolomites
- In fall, the colors and the clear air
The mountain railways can take you comfortably up to over 2000 m above sea level. Via the numerous toll roads you reach the treeless area where you can enjoy the magnificent views.
Climbing & mountaineering
Great variety on our doorstep! Experience breathtaking sceneries and climb the peaks and glaciers of the nearby mountains and mountain ranges:
- Limestone of the Dolomites
- The "Hohe Tauern" National Park
- Grossglockner, Austria's highest mountain
If you want to rely on mountain experts when climbing your next summit or if you want to explore the art of climbing for the first time, contact the Alpine School Bergstatt Lienz.
Individual hiking tips from Laserz
Talk to us - we are happy to advise you which treks and walks will suit you best. A small foretaste of tour suggestions can be found below.
Plan your hiking vacation and book our hotel incl. sauna, swimming pool, tennis court and much more.
See you soon in Lienz!
Family Koller - Hiking in East Tyrol - Lienz
The Lienz Dolomites are a paradise for all those who love the wild rock and feel free to rely on secured via ferratas. The panoramic fixed-rope routes over six peaks of the Dolomites, the "Galitzenklamm" with thunderous water or the "Laserz via ferrata" offering panoramic views are among the finest routes in East Tyrol.
- the "Schober-tour" with a stop at an alpine hut
- guided hiking tours with experienced National Park rangers
- with the Lienz mountain railways to the sun terraces at the "Zettersfeld" and "Hochstein"
Austria's highest mountain, the "Grossglockner", the mighty "Grossvenediger" and 200 more 3000m summits characterize the region. Well-marked trails, natural and cultural educational paths and a magical landscape delight nature lovers.
- hike to the roaring "Umbalfälle" - spectacular waterfalls
- hike the charming, traditional villages of the region
- the music festival in the traditional mountain village Kals
The three municipalities Hopfgarten, St. Veit and St. Jakob form the Deferreggental, one of the most famous tourist destinations of East Tyrol. In the valley you will find cozy promenades and the alpine region attracts with varied routes.
- Theme hikes with mountain guides or rangers
- Summit tours over 3000 meters
- Visit the "Jagdhausalm", Austria's oldest alpine hut
Situated between the Lienz Dolomites and the South Tyrolean Dolomites. Here you will find numerous hiking trails which lead to excellent restaurants or mountain pastures. You can even experience cross-border walks to South Tyrol or long-distance trails.
- The "Karnische Trail", once a smugglers' trail
- Visit the highest mountain huts of Austria in the Villgratental
- "Pustertaler Höhenstraße" with spectacular views